- Stranica se trenutno korigira - Page is under construction -

Srpski zločini u BIH

Bratunac – br004e

DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH: 1955, Bratunac, B-H
CITIZENSHIP:Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina

I give the following
the beginning of April 1992, the police in Bratunac was divided into
the initiative of the so-called Serbian police.  For ten days it was
forbidden to walk along the street Ulica "25 maja", where the Serbian
police was located.  Non-Serbian citizens were ordered to give up their
weapons.  The Serbian police and our Serbian neighbors insisted that
nothing would happen to us, that they only wish to protect us.  On
April 10, 1992 in the so-called Serbian police in Bratunac, a full
truckload of arms arrived from Novi Sad.  The headquarters of the
so-called Serbian Territorial Defense was located in the "Fontana"
hotel.  Beginning on the night of April 1-2, 1992, our Serbian
neighbors did not want to go on guard together with the other mixed
population.  My first neighbor, Jovo Novaković was trying to convince
me that I and my family and neighbors did not have anything to fear or
reason to run away, that he refused to take arms offered to him by the
Serbian Democratic Party.  However, on Saturday, May 9, 1992, Jovo’s
entire family (he, his son and wife) put on the military uniforms.  I
saw that they also had weapons.  On Sunday, May 10, 1992, shooting
started from every direction in Bratunac.  Reinforcements came from
Milića and from Ljubovije.  They were masked (braided caps and socks
over their heads).  They wore Chetnik cockades.  These masked ones
asked me, in front of my house, if I had weapons.  I gave them my hand
gun and license.  Then, Ćirdović said that we all had to go to the
playground to give statements.  There were six to seven thousand
civilians already there.  They told us (these masked ones) that we
would all be transferred to abandoned Serbian homes in Kladanj, and
that the Serbs who left Kladanj would move to our homes in Bratunac. 
At approximately 6:00 pm we were ordered to take everything out of our
pockets and put it in one pile.  Five or six of them collected the
money and jewellery into a traveling bag.  One of them approached me
(also masked) and asked me where are my German Marks:  "Confess where
the marks are, don’t let me have to take you to into the room so you’ll
see how the Serbs beat!"  I did not have any foreign currency.  They
told all of us to leave the playground.  At the gate they separated men
aged fifteen to fifty from the women, children and elderly.  Miroslav
Deronjić, president of the Serbian Democratic Party, passed beside us
prisoners, and Efendija Mustafa Mujkanović asked him what would happen
to us.  Deronjić answered:  "Don’t ask me anything!  Nothing will
happen to you.  You will all be exchanged."  They took the women and
children away in a truck.  They escorted us along the main street to
the elementary school, "Vuk Karadžić".  We still did not know what was
happening, why they were doing this.  In the main hall of the school we
saw approximately twenty people beaten.  Some of them had died.  Died
from the beatings.  The rest of them were disfigured from the beatings,
we could not even recognize them all.  I recognized, from among them,
the following:  brothers Husić (Nedžib and Hašim), Ibrahimović Hasan,
and Karamujić Ibrahim.  The beaten and killed individuals were thrown
into one section of the room.  Us 500-600 were pushed inside.  Those
who could not fit inside were killed with automatic rifles in front of
the room.  Then the combatants from Vukovar entered the room:  someone
named Bane, Mrki, Makedonac, Zoka Makedonac;  all together there were
ten of them.  They began to beat us with metal pipes, axe and hoe
handles, clubs.  They beat everyone.  People tried to move into the
corners.  Nine people suffocated this way.  They beat us the entire
night.  It was terribly hot.  They brought themselves something to
drink, they poured beer over themselves and drank.  The baker, Fejzo
Raškalj, made bread for the Serbian Territorial Defense in the
"Fontana".  They forced him, in front of us, to write out a bill for
the bread and then to eat that bread.  He did this.  They beat him
constantly.  They killed him on Tuesday May 12th, there in the room and
then they brought his brother to show how they killed Fejzo and how he
would also be killed.  Our neighbors put on military uniforms and kept
guard in front of the room, while these others murdered and beat us.  I
know that my neighbor Rube Živanović and Nikola, a bartender, kept
guard.  They cursed our Turkish and Muslim mothers and Allah.  On
Monday May 11, 1992 they began calling us according to some list.  Izet
Ahmić, president of the MBO, was called out first, then Safett Delić
and Hasan Ibrahimović.  The three of them were beaten, and forced to
carry out the dead on to the truck (new prisoners from the surrounding
villages were constantly arriving), and to clean the blood off the
floor.  On Wednesday, May 13th, they killed Izet and Hasan.  Safet
saved himself by mixing into the crowd and changed his track suit. 
They brought Medo Delić, my friend, and his two sons.  His younger son
had epilepsy.  They were met by the "Vukovarci" with the words:  "Where
have you been until now, you ustaša", and they began to beat them
immediately.  Medo begged them not to beat the younger son because he
was ill.  Bane immediately shot the young son in the head and said: 
"He will no longer be sick!"  Then that Bane killed Medo’s older son,
and then Medo.  During the three nights that we were in the room,
hundreds of people were killed (including Ramo Karić, Džema Hodžić and
many others).  The beaten people were forced outside, shoved into a
container and burnt alive.  They placed the container beneath our
window (open).  They piled the bodies onto trucks and into vans and
dumped them into the Drina river.  On Wednesday Savo Babić told us not
to be afraid, that we were all going to Kladanj to be exchanged.  They
put 120-130 of us onto a truck.  We were tied together in groups of
ten.  Then Savo Babić told Džafić Hajrudin to get off the truck or else
he would kill us all.  It was because Hajrudin lived beside the house
of Žiko Katanić, nicknamed Rodo, in whose house weapons were being
stored.  Žiko’s son, Mikan, the inspector, worked for the Serbian
Democratic Party.  Šešelj came to their house, and Hajro knew and saw
this.  Along with Hajra, Ibrahim Karamujić also got off the truck. 
They left them there and probably killed them.  They took us to Pale. 
We were taken by the Bratunac Serbian militia.  The residents of Pale,
primarily civilians, shouted:  "Let us slaughter the Ustaše, let us
kill them!"  For the first time they held a roll call.  There were 430
of us.  We spent three days and two nights in a gym.  The conditions
were terrible.  Then they called for us, tied us up in groups of ten
and shoved us onto a truck (150 people on one truck).  We had to sing
Serbian songs and the residents and army threw empty bottles and rocks
at us.  Three hundred and ninety-nine of us arrived in Visoko.  The
remaining thirty prisoners were probably killed in Pale.  They
exchanged us civilians for Chetniks. 
I am prepared to make this statement in front of any international organization or court so interested.

{loadposition user18}

Još sličnih članaka


Back to top button

- Stranica se trenutno korigira - Page is under construction -